Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms out there with over 2 billion active users. And it’s no wonder—its video editing capabilities are top-notch. With so many brands using Instagram to share their story, video is becoming increasingly important. But what if your videos just don’t seem to be getting the traction you’d like? Maybe they’re not engaging enough, or maybe they’re not capturing your audience in the right way. In this article, we will explore some video editing tips that can help you create engaging Instagram videos that will keep your followers around for longer.
Tips for Setting Up Your Camera
When it comes to creating Instagram videos, one important factor is making sure your footage looks good on the platform. Here are a few tips for setting up your camera for optimum video quality:
- Shoot in RAW format. This will give you the most flexibility when post-processing your video, as well as the widest range of color options.
- Use a tripod to keep your footage steady. If you’re using a phone or handheld camera, you’ll likely get more stable footage if you stabilize it in post-production.
- Adjust your camera’s settings to achieve the best balance between image quality and file size. You may want to lower your resolution or bitrate if you want your video to be shorter, or vice versa for videos that you want to be longer and have higher resolution.
- Use lighting that’s evenly spread throughout your scene so that everything appears consistent in terms of light and color. Bring in additional light during the day (perhaps via an external light source) if needed to achieve the desired look for your video. Adobe.com is a great resource for learning about the different types of lighting available and how to use them.
Tips for Filming
When you’re ready to start filming your next Instagram video, here are a few tips to help make it more engaging:
- Use props. Add some visual interest by using props in your scene. This can be anything from flowers to sticks of candy.
- Make use of sound effects and music. This can create a more immersive video experience for your viewers.
- Alter the camera angle frequently. Give your viewers a different perspective on the scene by switching up the camera angle often. It’ll keep things interesting for them!
- Shoot ahead and behind the subject matter. Not only will this add variety and interest to your videos, but it can also help establish suspense or drama in your scenes.
Tips for Editing Your Videos
There are a few editing tips you can apply to your Instagram videos to make them more engaging.
- Frame your shots in a way that showcases the content of your video. Try framing scenes with interesting objects in the background, or highlighting specific aspects of your subject matter.
- Play up the visual elements of your video. Use strong composition and camera angles to capture striking visuals that will draw attention to your content. Add interesting lighting effects and filters to really bring out the features of your subjects.
- Create moods and atmospheres through sound design. Add ambient music or sound effects that help set the tone for each scene in your video, or convey a certain feeling or emotion.
- Use voice-overs to add additional narration or dialogue, and add subtitles (if applicable) for those who may not be able to understand English properly. This can be helpful for providing context or additional information about the scene being filmed, or adding personality to characters in your video.
With all the amazing things Instagram has to offer, it’s no wonder so many people are using it as their primary source of content. If you want your Instagram videos to stand out, though, you’re going to need some tips. In this article, we’ll cover a few video editing techniques that can help make your videos more engaging and therefore draw in more viewers. So don’t delay — start filming those awesome Instagram videos today!