Looking to buy new kitchen cabinets but not sure how long it will take to assemble them? Chances are, you are not alone. Many people are hesitant to buy kitchen cabinets because they don’t know how long it will take to put them together. The good news is that with the right tools and a little bit of patience, assembling your new kitchen cabinets can be a quick and easy process.
In this article, we will explore the different etypes of RTA kitchen cabinets available on the market today, as well as give you an estimate of how long they will take to assemble. We will also provide some tips on how to save time while assembling your cabinets so that you can get your new kitchen set up as quickly as possible.
What are RTA Kitchen Cabinets?
RTA stands for “ready to assemble.” These kitchen cabinets are made up of a number of pre-cut pieces that you simply put together. They’re a great option if you want something easy and quick, and they can be placed almost anywhere in your kitchen. Typically, it takes around an hour to assemble RTA kitchen cabinets.
What Are the Components of an RTA Kitchen Cabinet?
How long does it take to assemble an RTA kitchen cabinet? The answer, as with most things related to home improvement, depends on a variety of factors. In general, an RTA kitchen cabinet will require the following:
- The cabinet itself – this will likely be the largest and heaviest component of the project and should be delivered ready to assemble.
- The front and back panels – are the visible parts of the cabinet and will need to be ordered separately.
- The drawers – these need to be ordered in pairs, one for each side of the cabinet.
- The pulls – these are the individual handles that can be attached to the drawers.
- The knobs – these are the individual controls for the drawers and can also be ordered separately.
Tips for Making the Most of Your RTA Kitchen Cabinet Shopping Experience
When it comes to assembling your new RTA kitchen cabinets, there are a few tips you can keep in mind to make the process as smooth as possible. First of all, be sure to have all of the necessary parts on hand before starting. This includes the cabinet doors, hinges, and knobs. Once you have all of your ingredients gathered, it’s time to get started.
Follow these easy steps to get your cabinets assembled in no time at all:
- Align the doors so that they are centered on the hinges and attach them with screws. Be sure not to overtighten the screws as this may cause them to break later on.
- Attach the knobs and handles to the cabinets using screws or bolts. You will also need to adjust the length of the knobs depending on their placement.
- Finally, attach the cabinet bottom panel using screws or nails if desired. Make sure that all of your screws are hidden by trimming off any excess material around them before finishing up.
It can take up to two hours to assemble an RTA kitchen cabinet, but it is well worth the wait! These cabinets are designed with convenience in mind, and they provide a high level of functionality for your home kitchen. If you’re looking for an affordable and practical way to update your kitchen without breaking the bank, then an RTA kitchen cabinet is definitely the right choice for you.